long range radio messenger
Fresh news on YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
Freedom of communication without borders,
operators, networks, fees !
Your own network, your own rules !
Long range radio communicator
- PCBWay 3rd PCB Design Contest 2nd place BEST DESIGN !
- Hackaday Prize Community Vote (Bootstrap Award 1.place)
Due to the chip crisis and the unstable supply of components, I decided to completely change the design. I am preparing a new version using the Raspberry Pi PICO, which the automotive industry is not interested in yet.
It has more programming options and a possible kit can also be assembled by a child from kindergarten.
If you are my Patreon please fill in your postal address,
in the coming months I will send bare boards
as samples or for DIY assembly.
Complete units also at first for patrons and software developers
Thank you for supporting the project.
- Raspbery Pi PICO
- 2" IPS LCD 320x240
- 36 buttons keyboard
- RFM95 LoRa radio module
- Main software in circuit python, fully open and transparent
- USB-C power supply
- 10cm x 10cm x 1.5cm dimmensions
I am again at begin in development, If you have any feature request please feel free to write my personally or in Facebook group ;)
Articles about project:
Hardware features :
- Only single module Rasbery pi PICO
- QWERTY keyboard - 36 keys (6x6 matrix)
- LCD on HW SPI:
- 2" IPS LCD display 320x240 ST7789
- RFM95 long range radio module - 2 freq. by your country
- Battery charging and battery is not supported now (under development)
- native HW USB ....
Working software features:
- Send message ... compose and send message to specified recipient
- Receive message ... message is received on background and stored in memory.
- Message editor ... write message about +/- 80 characters long ... 80 is now best readable on full display ....
- Message memory ... all send/received messages are stored in memory
- Display memory ... display memory content
- Battery ... display status only GOOD/LOW
- check message delivery confirmation
Carefully read please !
Frequency for LoRa long range radio module:
- 868Mhz is for EU
You can select in setup 915Mhz for US but you can decrease performance,
I do not know how much, there is no universal module (I asked in HopeRF)
On my quick outdoor test I am not see difference.
- 915Mhz is for USA
- 433Mhz not available.
- Check LoRa frequency in your country,
Armachat have no radio device certification, use on your resposibility.
- FOR ADVANCED USER !!!
- NOT FOR BEGINNERS !!!
- Firmware is now very basic CHECK WORKING SOFTWARE FEATURES
- non certified, use of own responsibility !!!!!
- Hard to say ... there is lot variables, antenna, settings, obstacles
( Standard RFM95 20dB output, spread factor 12, 2dB antenna )
- 700m unit on garden desk
- 1500m unit in window
- 4300m unit on attic window, but not reliable
worldwide flat 19eur with tracking number
maybe I send your order in more packages
(To reduce complete package lost)
sending from Slovakia (Heart of Europe) no Custom fees inside EU.